Sr. Graphic Designer (St. Louis)
Back Forty Creative is seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer with 4+ years of in-house or agency experience. The person in this role will help formulate stellar concepts and designs for print and digital, while working with Art Directors.
IN A NUTSHELL:
Graphic and Digital Design
Must be a conceptual thinker, skilled designer, pre-press guru, and web-savvy (do not need to be a web-developer, but some design for web is needed).
Assist during any stage of a project or task from concept to press.
Work within time constraints to meet deadlines, while staying cool and creative.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on projects from concept to press
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)Strong layout skillsPre-press experience is required
- Photo-editing skills
- Strong communication skills – not afraid to ask lots of questions, ask for help, notify us when something is outside your area of expertise, pick up the phone and/or send emails in order to maintain an open workplace
- Social media savvy
- Detail oriented – measure twice and cut once
- Ability to take design briefs or instructions and go with little supervision
- Ability to embrace constructive criticism and praise in order to grow
- Strong organizational skills
Strong work ethic with a passion for design. You perform assigned tasks and then some. You are an advocate for our clients and our agency. You strive to find the best, most creative solutions for every project. You understand that 9-5 is the norm and we respect your time, but you are willing to work until deadlines are met, when needed.
Not required, but a plus:
- WordPress CMS content update experience
- Web design and/or development experience
- Original illustration skills
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING:
- $40,000 – $50,000 depending on experience
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Summer Fridays program
- Health Insurance
- 401K + company match
- Fun environment
- Unlimited creative fuel (coffee)!
Please send us your resume, a link to your online portfolio, and a detailed explanation of your experience to [email protected]. Please put the phrase “Tighten Loose Parts Periodically” in the subject line of your email.
If your portfolio samples of work were part of a team, please explain in detail what role(s) you played for each. If your work includes stock images or illustrations, please detail project requirements and the usage/edits of images.